Gingey’s Bombass Baked Mozzarella Meatballs
I don’t cook much, but when I do I can promise it will be loaded with carbs and love. One of my favorite meals is a classic spaghetti and meatballs, but for the longest time I really couldn’t find the “perfect” meatball recipe to satisfy my needs. Either they were too bland or I didn’t like how they were made (I’m not about fried meatballs) or they just weren’t quite juicy enough. So, I created my own. There are a ridiculous amount of cheesy meatballs out there, but I’ve yet to find a single person who doesn’t love mine, so I figured I’d share the recipe with all of you! Unfortunately, I’m not the best at measuring out my ingredients, so I’ll give you my rough estimates and you can use more or less, depending on your own preferences. Keep in mind, you have to use your hands for this and it can get messy!
1 lb ground beef
1 8oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese (you can use more or less depending on your preferences- I used more because my family has a cheese problem)
1 large egg
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic (we also have a garlic problem)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 large pinch of black pepper
1 large pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, egg, breadcrumbs, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add in bag of mozzarella cheese. Mix well. If there is any left over, save it. You can use it to fill or coat your meatballs with.
- Roll up those balls to the desired size! Maybe stuff them and/or sprinkle them with cheese! They’re your balls!
- Place meatballs in a lightly greased glass or metal dish/pan. Please be sure it has sides, as the meat and cheese can make it a bit greasy/juicy.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Remove from oven. Be sure to cut one open to check that they’re cooked through.